Kristin Massee is an attorney in the firm’s litigation section, focusing her practice on civil trial practice, commercial litigation, personal injury, and appellate practice. She has handled cases involving commercial contractual disputes, fraud, non-competition and trade secret enforcement, premises liability, automobile accidents, employment disputes, constitutional claims, loan enforcement, governmental entity defense, and the Uniform Commercial Code. Kristin has litigated cases with amounts at issue ranging from nominal to $56 million.
Before joining the firm, Kristin worked as an Assistant Attorney General, where she served as lead trial and appellate counsel in many civil actions involving state agencies and employees. Kristin also served as an appellate law clerk for the Colorado Court of Appeals, as well as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ruben B. Brooks of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California.
A native of Colorado, Kristin received her undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2004 with dual majors in Philosophy and Sociology, completing part of her coursework in Florence, Italy. She subsequently worked as a newspaper journalist before attending law school.
In 2010, Kristin graduated cum laude from California Western School of Law in San Diego, California. During law school, she served as a judicial extern to a judge in federal court for two terms. Kristin was selected to serve as the Honors Instructor for the legal research and writing courses. She earned Dean’s Academic Achievement Awards for receiving the highest grade in multiple courses. Kristin also worked as a certified law clerk at the Office of the Alternate Public Defender.
Kristin is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Colorado, and California.
- University of Colorado at Boulder (Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy, Sociology, 2004)
- Dean’s Honor List
- Coursework in Florence, Italy
- California Western School of Law (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude<, 2010)
- Dean’s Academic Awards
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Ruben B. Brooks, United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Honors Instructor, Legal Research and Writing Courses
- Certified Law Clerk, Office of the Alternate Public Defender’s Office, San Diego
- Georgia State Bar
- Colorado State Bar
- California State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- State Courts, Colorado
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Savannah Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association