Mr. Ellis, a founding partner of the firm, has broad business and estate planning experience in a wide range of matters, including business formations, contract negotiation, compensation planning, estate planning and administration of collective bargaining agreements and multi-employer benefit plans.
Mr. Ellis is a member of the bars of Georgia and North Carolina.
Mr. Ellis has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America and as a Georgia Super Lawyer and has a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating.
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Emory University (A.B., 1962)
- University of Virginia (LL.B., 1965; LL.M., Taxation, 1966)
- Co-founder, chairman, director and general counsel of The Savannah Bancorp, Inc. and The Savannah Bank, N.A., now a part of South State Bank.
- Now, or formerly, general counsel to Colonial Group, Chemtall Incorporated, Morris Newspaper Corporation, Palmer & Cay, Inc., and Georgia Stevedore Association; Co-counsel, GSA/ILA Welfare Fund and SAENC/ILA Vacation & Holiday Fund.
Civic Involvement (now or formerly)
- Historic Savannah Foundation, President
- Bethesda Home for Boys, President
- The Hodge Foundation, Chairman
- Savannah Benevolent Association, President
- Wormsloe Foundation, Director
- University of Georgia Press Advisory Board Member
- Chatham Club, President